Thursday, July 29, 2010

Groovy, baby!

Some inspiration is smacking me in the face right now. The song "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones! I'm grooving out big time. I've always been into the 60s-70s vibe: modern cuts and flowy styles look fabulous on most people!


To start, a record from those greats of the 60s and 70s, The Rolling Stones! Mick Jaggers giant lips are inspiration alone! From, aptly named seller, TotallyAwesomeVinyl.




Of course, The Stones put me in a trippy mood. The 70s were a pretty cool time, and very mellow. Even the craziest things seemed totally chill. Imagine having your moring tea with this set! It would be a great day indeed! From overthetopoverstock.




This probably has quite a few meanings. I'll leave it to your interpretation. If your pants need to be held up, attach this buckle to your hand crushed leather belt. From RecycleBuyVintage.



No 70s entry would be complete without something with a peace sign on it! The necklace is so adorable! I'd wear it every day with a few other necklaces to spice it up. Modern, yet old school. From WoodNCreations.



These days, no entry is complete without a hippo! This bespectacled gal is totally trippy, totally 70s, and totally cool. From MomentOfZen.



I'm reviving the recipes (at last!). Today, I'm going for a drink and a dessert. The Stones weren't into 3 squares a day, they were into joy and a good time!

The Tequila Sunrise was a favorite of 70s folk. It looks great and tastes even better. There's a link for homemade grenadine on the recipe page. Looks like fun!



One of my personal favorite donuts in a larger form, the Boston Cream Pie! I love this recipe because there's a video attached. Cool, right?



Ok, tomorrow's entry is going to be related to my new job. ;) Then, the Big Fat Summer Challenge post goes up! Get excited!


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment