Monday, January 25, 2010

Learning Pains

School began last Wednesday and instead of digging into my books I've been rearranging my schedule like mad. I've finally achieved a schedule that I can deal with. The classes I'm taking have snazzy names like, "Milton and his Revolutionary World" and "Public Policy: Theory and Practice." It's pretty funny, the melding of my English minor and Political Science major. But hey, that's always been me--a strange medley of ideas. Plato's Republic is required reading for one of my classes. I sense it's going to be pretty epic.

Today, I've been spending my idle time doing what I love (surfing Etsy for the newest, cutest goods!) and here are my picks for today.
Zipper earrings! Crazy cute and pretty reasonable in most shops. I love the industrial look mixed with bright colors. I just love bright colors! I chose a pair from AmaliaVersaci.
Cute, right?

Today's super cute Etsy splurge is Owen the Octopus from RochellesLittleOnes.
I just love Owen because he matches an IKEA lamp I bought a couple months ago. ;)

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about karma and how the universe views our actions. I don't mean to venture into such deep territory on this generally sweet blog, but I've been giving more weight to thoughts. What I mean is, I think that the universe knows our thoughts and that we are all part of a collective. Our spirits are part of it, I mean. I think positive thoughts can benefit you internally. That's sort of obvious, if you feel good and think positive your days will be better than if you dwell on negativity. But I think it's more than that. I think the collective source of all our thoughts and our very beings can be tainted by our negative thoughts and hinder the collective. Just a bit of food for thought, lovelies. :)
G'day! I'll be back later with the recipe of the day! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment