Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Justice.

Today, my political theory class focused on Plato's Republic and the concepts of justice articulated within it. We pretty much scratched the surface, but that got me thinking that it would be great to give this entry a justice theme. Oh, I know you're already excited!

First, my etsy find of the day is from the shop of sheids. She looks so stern, firm, and utterly unchanging(though I think there's room for discussion of the absolute-ness of justice, or anything for that matter!).

Wouldn't that look so adorable against a delicate silk blouse? Just sayin!


Now, I think I owe you two recipes today because I didn't quite get around to it yesterday.
I think the most just meat is definitely beef! LOL. It tends to be fall-off-the-bone good when you roast it all day in a crockpot or the oven. Check out this tasty option for your next big dinner!


For yesterday's recipe, I went with a dessert. Something that suited my industrial mood (with that potent sourness), but still comes out SUPER DELICIOUS! Check it!






I'm starting something new, too. I've decided to incorporate my quote of the moment. Get excited! Today's quote of the moment is from Shakespeare by way of Shylock, the wronged Jew. It's pretty relevant considering our newfound interest in justice, eh? Giving each his due? Hm.
Here it is, "If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge! If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge! The villainy you teach me I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction."

I think Shylock was deserving of his moment of spotlight with this speech, as he was wronged, but should injustice always beget injustice? Who knows.

Ci vediamo dopo! (I have an italian translator app! LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment