Sunday, September 5, 2010

Je suis revenue.

Hello! I've missed doing this, but my mind's been working since my short break began.

Oh, classes started and I'm taking French again. I was very busy preparing and then getting into the swing of things. Since I'm officially 'swung' I can post again! I have tons of post ideas in my head, so this week will probably be a super fruitful week for this blog.

Today, I finished a book, Mrs. Dalloway by Virigina Woolf. It was pretty fabulous. Now, I'm workong on Girl, Interrupted. I won't bore you with my school stuff (in this post) but just know this, there is plenty of reading going on and I've been introduced to some very cool concepts I'll get into once I've decided how I feel about them.

To write a bit about Mrs. Dalloway, it made me very sad. I have some quotes I plan on sharing on my Tumblr (how digital I am), but I will share one that really resonated with me. It's morbid on the surface, but I find it beautiful besides that.

"Death was defiance. Death was an attempt to communicate; people feeling the impossibility of reaching the centre which, mystically, evaded them; closeness drew apart; rapture faded, one was alone. There was an embrace in death."

Perfect, right? I tend to really like revelations about death. Probably because I won't get to experience my own and am always searching out a semblance of those feelings, or that lack of feeling. Also has something to do with not having my Dad and trying to connect with him that way. Like I said, a bit morbid but still beautiful.

I'm sure you're wondering, "How will she follow that with trinkets?!" Never fear, darlings! I can follow anything with trinkets. Especially sadness! :)

Right now, I'm loving art of all kinds. Prints, orginals, aceos, everything! I've been doing some creating of my own (more on that another time), but it's made me appreciate the creations of others. I'm absorbing tons of poetry, paintings, and tribal art lately.

Etsy is filled with sweet, dark, interesting, and all around lovely things. Here are a three I like...

While a little melancholy, this drawing is quite cute in it's own right.


I find myself totally loving this print for many reasons. I love Bison and it reminds me of that old book about colors (do you remember the title?). There is something playful in it, but it wouldn't look bad in an office and at-home library. I like its versatility.


This last one is so very, very awesome. It reminds me of the old Winnie the Pooh! Check it out here, the complete print is larger. I love that little bee as well. I've been thinking about getting a small bee tattooed on my body. Maybe a bee like this one!


Onto the accessories! :D

I have fallen absolutely in love with this fleur-de-lis necklace because of the size! It's massive and I want it. Imagine it against a simple, loose, white t-shirt and skinny jeans. Or against a little black dress for a night out. I have so many ideas!


I totally dig this bag. It reminds me of a Coach bag I saw in Teen Vogue over the summer. The instant I saw it, it spoke to me! It can be worn with just about anything. It has some pretty details that can spice up a simple get-up and pair well with your fancier gear. The strap is long enough to wear it cross body, so it's effortless!


Finally, I offer you this very cool door pillow. I imagine it seated nicely on my little stool against the wall. It's extremely clever!



I've been drinking more lately, not to be drunk, but just to go with a meal or along with a good book. My favorites tend to be amaretto and milk, and wine spritzers. Usually red wine, but I'd like to try white more often. That said, I found a sweet recipe for wine coolers on TasteSpotting! :D


I hope you're having a fabulous Labor Day weekend. I've been getting plenty of sleep and you should do the same! :)

Catch you later!

Currently Listening to: Sussudio by Phil Collins

1 comment:

  1. cute door pillow! i think i saw ikea selling a fabric looking similar to this!!

    =p

    ReplyDelete