Monday, August 23, 2010

An Extended Weekend Getaway!

I have been away for a few days visiting family in Maryland. My aunt is prego and I went away for her Baby Shower and just to spend time. As an extra special treat, I was able to visit Washington D.C. before meeting up with her.

Since I am going to be heading back to Albany in the morning and have to pack up myself, my stuff, my cats, and the plants my grandma is giving me, I will be doing a quick travelogue post until I get settled for school.

Last week, I went with my family to a place called Old Westbury Gardens. It's so beautiful there!



On Thursday, I went to D.C. and took some great pictures. I saw so many beautiful exteriors, I can't even begin to describe them! Here is just a small sampling!

The Capital Building as seen from the Washington Monument


The Washington Monument, going up and up and up!


The WWII Memorial Pool, my toes, and the WM!


Honest Abe's Memorial


Awesome Pic of Me and the WM, from a secret side area of the Lincoln Memorial



Next, I went to visit my family in Maryland. We had a gooooooood time! The Baby Shower was fun, but the pictures came out blurry, so we won't look at those! :/

Nanny, enjoying her cooking (maybe too much? :P)


My Auntie and Cousin, feeling the love!


The Cake! Yummmmmmmmmm!

And the Cakemaker!


Of course, I had to buy some cute souvenirs!

Salt and Pepper Shakers!


Shot Glasses! ;)


Snazzy, yes? :D


All in all, it was a lovely and eventful week since I last posted! School will be starting next Monday (ugh.) and I have to prepare my apartment for a new school year by making everything pretty and perfect for the new year. I have so many flowers and plants coming back with me it's gonna be like a green paradise! The oxygen will be flowing freely! ;) Once I'm done setting up there will be pictures!

I have some very fun websites to share next time, along with the usual goodies! :D Until then, thanks for reading and adios! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment